About Cellulite Reduction.
There are many adjectives to describe what cellulite looks like, and when you suffer from it…none of them are flattering!
Orange peel skin, cottage cheese skin, dimples, lumps, bumps and other words are often used to depict this common condition in Australian women.
For detailed information visit our Aesthetica page
What causes cellulite?
Ever wondered what actually causes cellulite? It is fatty deposits in our subcutaneous fat layer under the dermal layer of the skin. These fatty deposits ‘bulge out’ between the fibrous tissues of our skin, which is what leads to that dreaded ‘orange peel’ look.
The major cause of cellulite includes
- a lack of circulation to the affected area
- weight gain
- a failure of the lymphatic system to eliminate toxins from the body; toxins that instead get stored in fat deposits.
This is why even very thin women can get cellulite.
What cellulite looks like
It looks like uneven, bumpy skin. It often appears on areas such as the arms, bottom and thighs, and can occur even on women with very little fat stores. Cellulite is most apparent in harsh, overhead lighting, which unfortunately shows up those lumps you didn’t even know were there! For some women, it looks like severe ‘orange peel’, while for others, it just may be the odd lump and bump.
What causes cellulite, and why it looks like ‘orange peel’
Cellulite is fat deposits under our skin caused by a lack of circulation, a sluggish lymphatic system and weight gain. All these issues combined cause toxins to build up in our systems and get stored in our subcutaneous fat deposits. These fat deposits then ‘bulge’ out between the fibrous supporting structures of our skin, which is what causes cellulite to look like it does.
Accent Cellulite reduction an effective, clinically proven treatment.
To be effective, an Accent RF treatment must reach deep enough to treat down past the dermis to the subcutaneous fat stores. Aesthetica’s Accent cellulite reduction treatment technology achieves this, and much, much more. UniPolar and Bi Polar Radiofrequency stimulate the growth of new capillaries, increasing circulation to the treated area, increasing the breakdown of lipids. The treatment also stimulates lymphatic drainage and boosts collagen and elastin in the skin at a dermal level, for total cellulite treatment. We utilise this treatment in conjunction with Bodyflow for increased lymphatic drainage. This treatment modality has worked successfully for more than 8 years and continues to lead in the efficacy and treatment of cellulite.
At the core, cellulite is one thing–fat. If your body fat is low you probably won’t have cellulite, or at the very least minor cellulite. The only sure ways to prevent cellulite from forming in the first place are:
- Eat a healthy diet that maximizes proteins and healthy fats, and limits sugar. Read other blog pages on diet and super foods. Posted on our blog are many interesting and highly relevant articles like… Eating an Anti Inflammatory Diet – by Aesthetica or Phytonutrients for healthier skin also a great related read on abdominal fat in women Abdominal fat – how to reduce it?
- Do cardio vascular workouts.
- Lift weights–muscle tone hardens the skin’s appearance.
- Wear loose underwear, thongs, or go commando.
- Don’t smoke–cellulite is more common in smokers.
- In the end don’t ‘GO OFF YOUR TREE’ about cellulite, contact AESTHETICA.
- Want to know more…
For more information or to schedule a consultation via email us or call 03 9824 6134.