Liposuction is also known as liposculpture, surgical fat reduction, mega liposuction, tumescent liposuction, liposuction surgery, ultrasound liposuction, Vaser liposuction.
More importantly, if you are having trouble reducing unwanted fat from targetted areas, or just unhappy with your shape, then our Aesthetica surgeons may have the solution for you.
More About Liposuction
Liposuction is a popular cosmetic surgery procedure to precisely reshape or reduce fat from your body.
Aesthetica, a Melbourne based cosmetic surgery in Armadale, has over 25 year’s experience in performing body-changing (and life-changing) procedures for fat reduction and body sculpting.
Dr Ashley leads our team of cosmetic surgeons. Our experienced Cosmetic Surgeons have performed over 10,000 liposuction procedures. Most importantly, they regularly refining their technique and training in the United States.
Our liposuction fat reduction procedures are a highly effective solution to reduce those problem areas.
As a result, our experienced and skilled cosmetic surgeons can offer you all levels of the latest liposuction or fat reduction, from a small area with minimal invasive local anaesthesia procedures, through to large area (full body) mega liposuction with a general anaesthetic.
Liposuction works because it removes fat cells.
After puberty your body does not create new fat cells, instead, when you gain weight the fat cells you already have expanded.
Should you gain weight after the treatment, it goes to the fat cells that remain in your body. It is better to think of liposculpture or liposuction as a body contouring or fat reduction procedure rather than a weight loss procedure.
The most frequent areas treated in men are chest liposuction, abdomen liposuction, love handle liposuction and neck liposuction.
In women, there are more areas of fatty deposits. for example, the most common areas for this type of fat reduction and body sculpting are outer thighs, inner thighs, abdomen and upper hips. The back, arms, buttocks, cheeks and chin, knees and lower legs and ankles are also options.
At Aesthetica, Melbourne, we understand and are sympathetic to the sensitive nature of your concerns and will work to improve your silhouette and body shape.
Generally, not many people know what you are going through. Above all, we are happy to share our experiences to help and support you throughout your journey.
Aesthetica – Liposuction Surgery
So you have tried diet and exercise and lead a healthy life but cannot remove those bulges of fat. Therefore you could be a good candidate. You should also have realistic expectations and understand that liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss or a healthy lifestyle.
Your final result can be affected by your skin elasticity, skin quality, post-operative garment compression, previous scars, and previous procedures.
During your no-obligation free consultation, your experienced Aesthetica surgeon will discuss your options, meeting your expectations and the likely outcomes.
In addition, he will also discuss your previous medical history to determine your suitability for liposculpture.
However, if your skin and body contouring needs are relatively minor, then you may find that you are also a suitable candidate for our non-surgical fat reduction and skin tightening treatment RF body shaping.
Types of Liposuction Procedures
We have been performing tumescent liposuction for over 25 years. It is the preferred technique and we have done many thousands in that time. Dr Ashley is performing 2 – 3 liposuction procedures per week, at the moment.
Your surgery begins with tiny incisions (approx 3-4 mm), placed in an inconspicuous location where the tumescent solution is infused.
After that, the area becomes numb and the blood vessels constrict.
This leads to painless and easy removal of unwanted fatty bulges.
Most importantly, for your comfort, Aesthetica liposuction surgery is performed under heavy sedation or general anaesthesia.
Our experienced surgeons, also offer a range of other modified modern Liposuction methods to remove fat cells, including:
- Liposculpture: Another term for liposuction but generally used for small procedures for body reshaping
- Ultrasound Liposuction: Allows for the removal of fat cells using an ultrasound device by melting the fat cells.
- Power Assisted Liposuction: Uses a power cannula to remove excess fat on larger areas.
- Mega Liposuction: Term used for the removal of large volumes of fat.
Our cosmetic surgeons will always recommend the best option for your concerns and to meet your expectations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Questions Should I Ask?
Selecting a surgeon to perform your surgery can often be very confusing.
Most importantly, you should feel comfortable with the doctor you have chosen to perform your procedure and be aware of his experience and aftercare.
The Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery (ACCS) is the only organisation in Australia that certifies surgeons for cosmetic procedures. For more information on their standards of training and experience needed to obtain this certification visit www.accs.org.au.
The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) Members are surgeons who offer cosmetic procedures with recognised qualifications granted by the Australian Medical Council (AMC). However, this recognition doesn’t include an assessment by the AMC of training or expertise in cosmetic surgical procedures like liposuction, vaginal rejuvenation, or breast augmentation.
We have compiled a list of questions you may find helpful whilst doing your research.
Don’t hesitate to ask the Doctor at your consultation, or if you feel uncomfortable doing this then ask at reception or the patient advisor.
- How many times have you performed the procedure you are recommending? Make sure it is hundreds, if not, thousands of times.
- How many times have you performed my procedure in the last 6 months?
- Are you a trainee? Some cut-price clinics use trainee surgeons.
- Are you a Fellow of the ACCS and are you specifically certified in my procedure?
- If you are a plastic surgeon, have you done any extra training in my procedure?
- Will I receive aftercare?
- What is your own complication rate?
- If I am unhappy, with my results what will my options be?
- If required, will there be a specialist anaesthetist to look after me during the operation and will my procedure be performed in a registered theatre?
- Can I see photos of your own work on patients like me?
All the best, take your time and do your research when investigating a surgeon, as it is one of the most important decisions you can make.
All consultations are free, so you can get to know us and understand your procedure options.
A personal consultation with an experienced Cosmetic Surgeon is important when you are ready to explore your options.
The costs are tailored to you and your areas and the time required in theatre.
Our liposuction cost will be inclusive. As an indication liposuction costs start off at $3,000.00
The liposuction price includes all your surgical fee, theatre fee, anaesthetist fee, compressive garment, medication. Furthermore, all your before and aftercare consultations and massage if required.
All your consultations, before and after your procedure are included.
Your liposuction recovery:
- After your surgery, you will be required to wear a compression garment for at least 4 weeks.
- You may experience some discomfort and stiffness initially. This will gradually disappear.
Most patients tolerate the discomfort without the need for painkillers (e.g. Panadol).
- If you go on a long car or plane trip, you must walk for at least 5 minutes every hour during the trip.
- After 2 – 3 days you can return to non-strenuous work. This is also dependent on the areas being done.
- Ideally, you should wait 10 days after your procedure before attempting the more intense activity. However, if it hurts reduce activity.
- Your aftercare consultations with our experienced nursing staff and surgeons are included. Furthermore, we also offer 3 complimentary Bodyflow treatments and massage. This will assist with healing and lymphatic drainage after your liposuction fat reduction procedure.
You may experience;
- Pain and stiffness are usually minimal and may last for several days.
- Touching the skin may notice some numbness. It does it usually disappears after several months.
- Bruising can last for 2-3 weeks.
- Swelling under the skin will occur in treatment areas especially knees and ankles and can last several weeks.
- If you experience undue pain or are uncertain about anything please remember to contact Aesthetica immediately
Liposuction Before and After
We have many liposuction before and after photos. However, due to the personal nature of these pictures, we prefer to email them to you.
When will I see results?
Liposuction results should be apparent within the first week. However, they will continue to improve for the next 6 weeks. Although it could take 6 months to see the final results.
Importantly, your liposuction procedure will remove fat cells, so you will not go back to your old shape. However, if you put on weight, all your remaining fat cells will increase in size evenly, so you may, in fact, increase in size in areas that you have not noticed previously.
As with all cosmetic surgery procedures, potential liposuction risks and complications are possible, however, rare.
We will discuss these in full, during your consultation.
Some, but not limited include:
- Infection is rare.
- An allergic reaction can rarely occur.
- Haematoma (collection of blood) or seroma (watery fluid) may develop and could require aspiration. Very rare.
- Skin loss (sloughing) is extremely rare.
- Deep vein thrombosis is extremely rare
- Skin texture irregularities or lumpy areas rarely occur.
Liposuction and Cellulite
Liposuction Melbourne is not solely performed to reduce cellulite.
However, it may improve the appearance of cellulite and skin quality. If you are looking for cellulite treatment, then you may want to investigate our Accent RF Cellulite Reduction treatment.
Alternately we can provide a complete package designed specifically for your body shaping, skin quality and condition.
It could include both surgical and non-surgical options.
Such as liposculpture, cellulite treatment and lifestyle management, if required.
For more information on cellulite reduction treatments. Accent RF is a great option for cellulite and excess skin reduction
Liposuction is the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure.
Over 30,000 liposuction procedures were performed in Australia during 2018, according to a report published by the College of Cosmetic Surgery.
Over 80% of the patients were happy with their results.
The result is permanent :
- After puberty, you do not grow any more fat cells
- Fat cells are permanently removed with liposuction
- With the reduced number of fat cells, you can still put on weight but you will not go back to your previous shape
Use the Contact Form to ask a question or to book a complimentary appointment.