you deserve to look how you feel
Eyelid Rejuvenation with Blepharoplasty
Benefits of Blepharoplasty
Are heavy eyelids or sagging or baggy eyelids making you look tired? At Aesthetica Image Centre, in Armadale Melbourne, we understand the impact eyelid concerns can have on your appearance and self-confidence. That’s why we offer blepharoplasty, an innovative eyelid rejuvenation procedure that can transform your eyes and help you achieve a more youthful look.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, also known as upper eyelid surgery, or double eyelid surgery, addresses specific concerns related to the upper and lower eyelids. As we age, our facial features undergo visible changes, including drooping and fullness of the eyelids. Gravity and the effects of aging can make our eyes appear tired. Fortunately, blepharoplasty offers a popular and effective solution.
Your Aesthetica Blepharoplasty experience
In the world of cosmetic procedures, there are countless choices to consider.
Regrettably, not all medical professionals possess the same level of expertise and knowledge. Since your body is your most valuable asset, it’s imperative to make the right choice. A poor decision can not only increase the risk of complications but also result in dissatisfaction and additional expenses if a revision becomes necessary.
At Aesthetica, we exclusively collaborate with highly skilled and compassionate doctors who are passionate about enhancing facial beauty. These Doctors boast extensive years of experience, a wealth of knowledge, and rigorous training, setting them apart from the rest. If concerns about scarring or the need for follow-up procedures trouble you, Aesthetica can provide the reassurance you seek.
Your recovery phase is pivotal in the realm of cosmetic procedures. Having a dedicated team of caring professionals with substantial experience can significantly expedite the recovery process while ensuring a smoother journey to your desired outcome.
Upper Eyelid Surgery
Upper eyelid surgery focuses on correcting drooping upper eyelids, which can make you appear tired and even impair your vision. By removing excess skin and repositioning or removing fat deposits, this procedure provides a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
Lower eyelid surgery addresses concerns such as under-eye bags and sagging lower eyelids. By removing excess skin, redistributing fat, and tightening the surrounding muscles and skin, lower eyelid surgery can help you achieve a rejuvenated and well-rested look. It’s important to consider all aspects of your upper face, including eyelids, eyebrows, corners of the eyes, skin around the eyes, and upper cheeks when contemplating eyelid rejuvenation.
All aspects of your upper face need to be considered when considering eyelid rejuvenation
- corners of the eyes
- the skin around the eyes
- upper cheeks
Each of these areas needs to be assessed both individually and in terms of their overall impact on your features. Our team at Aesthetica Image Centre understands the importance of a comprehensive approach to ensure the best possible results.
Non-surgical Eyelid Rejuvenation
If you prefer a non-surgical approach to address concerns such as bags under the eyes or droopy eyelids, we also offer non-surgical facelifting options. Depending on your specific needs, our experienced team may recommend treatments such as –
During your consultation, we will guide you through suitable non-surgical options tailored to your unique requirements.
Your Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty Journey at Aesthetica
At Aesthetica Image Centre, we prioritize your comfort and satisfaction throughout your blepharoplasty journey. Here’s an overview of the steps involved:
- Consultation and assessment: Our experienced practitioners will evaluate your needs and discuss the best options for your eyelid rejuvenation and whether baggy eyelid surgery is an option for you.
- Eyelid Surgery: Are You a Suitable Candidate?
Just as every face is unique, so are your needs. Personalization is key in cosmetic procedures. Your Doctor will conduct thorough examinations and consultations to craft the perfect solution tailored to you. Your unique facial structure and concerns deserve the best care.
- Consideration of options offered: We will provide detailed information about the recommended procedures and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- Pre-op consultation: Before your procedure, we will guide you through the details of the surgery and the aftercare journey to ensure you are fully prepared.
- Your procedure: Your upper lid blepharoplasty procedure generally takes about 90 minutes, and our skilled team will be with you every step of the way.
- Constant support: We provide 24/7 support following your procedure to address any concerns or questions that may arise during your recovery.
- Aftercare treatments and scar care: Our aftercare includes LED sessions to aid in recovery, reduce swelling, and promote the healing of scars.
- Post-procedure reviews: We will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your progress and address any post-procedure concerns.
- 6-week review and assessment: At the 6-week mark, we will evaluate the final results of your blepharoplasty and ensure your satisfaction.
- The final result: Our commitment to your happiness means we won’t say goodbye until you are completely satisfied with the outcome of your blepharoplasty.
Your Blepharoplasty Recovery
Rest is crucial after your procedure.
Here’s what you can expect during the recovery process:
- Stitches removal: Your stitches will be removed between 5-9 days, depending on your healing progress.
- Swelling and bruising: If they occur, swelling and bruising may take about a week to subside
- Final result: You will generally see the full results of your blepharoplasty after 4-6 weeks.
- Time off work: Due to swelling and bruising, taking a week off work may be advisable.
- Aftercare treatments: LED sessions can aid in recovery, reduce swelling, and promote healing of scars.
How much does upper blepharoplasty cost?
When you’re ready to explore your options, we recommend scheduling a personal consultation with an experienced Cosmetic Doctor. During this consultation, your doctor will provide you with detailed information about your upper blepharoplasty cost and discuss any associated costs.
Additionally, we offer the opportunity to meet a patient advisor who can provide more before and after photos to help you make an informed decision. This consultation is complimentary, and we encourage you to take advantage of it.
As with any surgical procedure, there are inherent risks involved. At Aesthetica Image Centre, we believe in transparency and want you to be fully informed.
During your consultation with your doctor, the potential risks will be discussed in detail.
While complications are not common, possible risks include:
- Scarring: Scarring is rare due to the thin nature of the eyelid skin, which generally heals very well
- Infection: Infections are not common but can occur, and appropriate measures are taken to minimize this risk.
- Excess bleeding: Excessive bleeding during or after the procedure is not common, but steps are taken to manage it effectively.
We have many Blepharoplasty before and after photos.
However, due to the personal nature of these pictures, we have permission to email a small collection to you.
Blepharoplasty is the third most popular cosmetic surgery procedure behind Liposuction and breast augmentation in America.
It is difficult to get Australian Statistics. However,over the last 4 years, Blepharoplasty has increased 13% in women and 15% in men.
Come On In
Ask a question
It is important to understand that any surgical, medical procedure or proven non-surgical treatment carries risks.
Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.